Dementia and Rehabilitation - The Home Care Edition
This is the second installment of the series 'Dementia and Rehabilitation'. You can take each course individually, or choose to do them all!
This online course will focus on assessment, exercise prescription, and engagement strategies for people living with dementia in the community. It will review the current recommendations from the literature and provides practical suggestions for their implementation.
This online course is geared towards professionals providing home visits but anyone interested in improving their knowledge of rehabilitation for dementia populations is welcome.
This course includes:
- An overview of outcome measures and assessments validated in the community
- Current recommendations for exercise prescription
- Engagement strategies for clients with cognitive impairment
- Colourful language
- A long distance high five to celebrate surviving the last year
This course does not include:
- Testimonials from clients
- Stories of super awkward home visits where everything went sideways
- PPE or COVID-19 information
- Baby animal photos
Super Nerd, MScPT, BSc(KIN)
PhD, MScPT, BSc (KIN)
Course Material included in this course
Welcome and Resources
Dementia and Rehabilitation: The Home Care Edition
Let's Get Physical
Referrals and Clinical Pearls